Adjustable Brass mount for the Oclarro 63193 Red

Brass or Copper, which ever color you like, both have advantages over the other.
CDBEAM

Adjustable Brass mount for the Oclarro 63193 Red

Post by CDBEAM » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:05 am

See attached some drawings of the LDAM V10 mount I designed and machined for the HL63193MG Oclarro Red LD. This LD remains the highest power LD @ 635nm we currently have....capable of 1W....with 1.2A .....stuffed into the front end !!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_6-KC ... RwdHc/edit

This mount is a bit " Over the Top "....but allows for up/down and left/right adjustment of the diode....relative to the 2mm EFL collimation lens !

" It's a nasty little spud "...great passive heat sink....I suppose it could be machined from Copper.....EEEeeee...... !!!!

See the attached drawings.

I have machined several of these....and used four (4) in a Quad Red build I did for a customer.... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There are three (3) adjustment bolts....and the main unit has a spring insert placed within the bottom race to supply upward thrust against the T-Cylinder LD holder.

Now....Will a CU LD mount from LSP work....sure.....but if you want " fine vector adjustment....this contraption is the ticket.

Bob :D
Attachments
LDAM V10 wit Cylindrical 6X.jpg
LDAM V10 wit Cylindrical 6X.jpg (2.4 MiB) Viewed 1168 times
T-Cylinder Clamping Plate -V10.JPG
T-Cylinder Clamping Plate -V10.JPG (48.39 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
T Cylinder Detail V10.JPG
T Cylinder Detail V10.JPG (38.6 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
LDAM V10 Main Body with TEC Good for Printing (2).JPG
LDAM V10 Main Body with TEC Good for Printing (2).JPG (79.36 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
PLPP LDAM 10 General Arrangment.JPG
PLPP LDAM 10 General Arrangment.JPG (77 KiB) Viewed 1177 times
Beam Axiom #1 ~ The Quantum Well is DEEP ! Photons or ALL.
Beam Axiom #2 ~ A Chicken in every Pot...and a Laser Lumia in every living room.
Beam Axiom # 3 ~ " A Posse ad Essea" - From being possible...to being actual ...is the beam target.

siteadmin
Site Admin

Re: Adjustable Brass mount for the Oclarro 63193 Red

Post by siteadmin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:37 pm

I like it, great drawings too.

Actually I was thinking something similar years ago but never had time or tool required.

Now I have the tools, but no time to make it :-)).

CDBEAM

Post by CDBEAM » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:56 pm

Well...Thanx...It is a chore to make....but...I still consider this LDAM the best design to remove the most aberration from the unruly 63193 diode. Likely...the same results can be obtained with the standard design LSP LD mount....but....with a much greater time to zero in on the optimal X/Y location.

The LDAM design also makes for easy work to achieve the optimal radial orientation. See the small bore hole on the rear of the T-mount unit rear cylinder OD. A small tool tip is inserted into this bore... and the T-mount unit is rotated until the optimal angle is achieved.

Now...One could design so as to have translation of the collimation lens.....instead of translating the LD. This would possible result in a more massive LD heat sink...which is typically desirable....but.....but.....if this were the design....then...one could never predict....where the beam X/Y location would end up...at the Near Field....or the Far Field...so...That is not acceptable....and IMNSHO....the LDAM remains superior...in its present iteration.

CDBEAM
Beam Axiom #2 ~ A Chicken in every Pot...and a Laser Lumia in every living room.
Beam Axiom # 3 ~ " A Posse ad Essea" - From being possible...to being actual ...is the beam target.

siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:02 pm

I was thinking for a while about this, going back to our holy grail thread and while that solution worked for MMode diodes; it was always tricky to align. I am looking at another method to make alignment of all diodes lenses easier. The issue I think lies with tollerences of how centered each component is along the center axiz with the primary collimator with its short focal length being quite critical.

CDBEAM

Post by CDBEAM » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:49 pm

Yes....Centration is the issue....especially when working with the very short EFL @ 2mm. It takes ever so little movement to introduce output aberration's !!! This is why the 63193 remains such a PITA to align to optimal. The LDAM helps. The up/down and left/right adjustments are currently USA 4-40 bolts. I could migrate to 100 TPI bolts...but...the 4-40's seem to work with acceptable translation control. We are not going to the Moon here !!

If you have a simplified approach for centration...please outline...I am curious ! :mrgreen:

The only other design...I seem to remember was done by " Logsquared "....and involved an adjustable design....it was quite awhile ago....there were pics...but ...no drawing's....and...at the moment...I cannot recall the details.

Later,
CDBEAM

siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 pm

wen I get some time I will cad something up for you, now I am overloaded with too much work and not enough hands. :-)

CDBEAM

Post by CDBEAM » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:22 am

OK...Sounds good...and although the LDAM V10 design works....it is not a simple unit, it is large...and not inexpensive....but...it does assist with the optimal alignment of Colli to LD.
Bob

Return to “Mounts”