ML562G85 639nm 2.1W 9mm Single beam

You found a page with some news about a new Laser diode, so let's hear about it.
siteadmin
Site Admin

ML562G85 639nm 2.1W 9mm Single beam

Post by siteadmin » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:25 am

Yup you read correct., that is the beautiful 639nm as used by Coherent Red OPSL

Always 638nm was too orange but this new diode from Mitsu is gona change all that.

The diode will be very hard to use given it has an emitter double the size of a P73, but as usual we'll give it a try and see what kind of beam we can come up with. I am about to order a few and the price is very ok ( Just Less than 100 Euros each ) even for small quantities. if interested in some, let me know asap and I will add some to the order for you.

Interesting observations are that the diode is rated at 2.1W at 2.2Amps, it has a max of almost 3amps so I am curious what output that will be, maybe 2.5W, and then PBS a pair together to form one mother of red sword, massive power Lumia pointer thing.

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com/news/2016/1214.html

I feel the Holy grail will be a flashlight but not any faill. Especially for you beam.

CDBEAM

Re: ML562G85 639nm 2.1W 9mm Single beam

Post by CDBEAM » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Wow...At long last....Some RED POWER....But....at what COST ???? An emitter size...DOUBLE the P-73 ???? YIKES !!!!
It ALL starts with the Emitter geometry....and the more we move away from a point source....the more trouble we will have producing a useable beam !!!
SO...OK...maybe a 2mm EFL Collimation lens....coupled to...say.....a set of 12X Cylindrical lenses ???....we MIGHT....MIGHT get less than 1.0 mRad divergence....BUT...BUT....the " cost " will be a ....perhaps 6 ~ 7 mm Near Field !!...Likely USELESS for Projector application due the limit on the Scanner Mirror Size !!! Then again...IIRC.... The new Pangolin 506 Scanner set can swing larger X-Y mirrors. But 6 ~ 7 mm is awful wide !!!

SO...for Lumia or Hand Held application....a 6 ~ 7 mm wide Near Field is NOT a problem !

We will see !!! I have a few other ideas on how to correct the beam.....and still deliver a Near Field around 4mm....with divergence around 1.0 mRad....But....these are just ideas....one simple idea....one complex idea........but NO Proof of Concept....maybe an try some experiments....too busy now with many other things !!!

In closing....you can bet the Project and Module Manufactures are throwing some R & D money at a solution !!!!!...Or maybe....we will have to figure it out !!!! Dunno....But....this G85 will be a real CHALLENGE to correct !!!!!

Thanx for the FIND on this diode !!!!!!
CDBEAM
Beam Axiom #1 ~ The Quantum Well is DEEP ! Photons or ALL.
Beam Axiom #2 ~ A Chicken in every Pot...and a Laser Lumia in every living room.
Beam Axiom # 3 ~ " A Posse ad Essea" - From being possible...to being actual ...is the beam target.

siteadmin
Site Admin

Post by siteadmin » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:37 am

I like it, without sharing too much to the public, and with our limited time.. I feel a buzz.

6-7mm i think is ok. as we've chatted already I also have some idea., first must get some in to test then we'll see.

CDBEAM

Post by CDBEAM » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:20 am

Yes...A BuzZZZZZ.... !! Another Hill to climb !!! Two units...PBS'ed....Lota Red Photons for a advanced HH or a Lumia application...for sure !!!

How wide a geometry can the new 506 Pago Scanners handle ???? Can they do 6mm ???

Perhaps we can deliver a smaller Near Field...and still maintain 1.0mRad ????? Dunno ???????

But...I am sure many are thinking about how to utilize this LD !!!

CDBEAM
Beam Axiom #1 ~ The Quantum Well is DEEP ! Photons or ALL.
Beam Axiom #2 ~ A Chicken in every Pot...and a Laser Lumia in every living room.
Beam Axiom # 3 ~ " A Posse ad Essea" - From being possible...to being actual ...is the beam target.

Return to “Post your Laser Diode News Links”