Wavelength Electronics: Worth it?

How should we go about cooling Laser Diodes
H2Oxide

Wavelength Electronics: Worth it?

Post by H2Oxide » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:50 pm

I guess I'll help breathe a little life into this forum, I mean hey, it has a section specifically for TEC controllers. :)

Anyway, title pretty much says it all. I'm looking for some TEC controllers for various diodes and NLO crystal ovens, and have been directed to Wavelength Electronics by multiple people. The only thing is, their controllers are super expensive!

Unfortunately, building my own controller isn't an option right now, so that's off the table.

So my question is are they really worth the extra cost? Does the extra stability really make that much of a difference, or should I just go with something cheaper like an optlasers TEC controller?

Thanks! :D

It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

photon

Re: Wavelength Electronics: Worth it?

Post by photon » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:54 am

TEC controllers are not very complex, of course they can be if super stable Temp control is required, but for most projects I suspect 0.01C accuracy is enough. Stable power sources are the starting point.

Maybe we should kick start a TEC controller project here. Maybe the admin of the site could create some secret folders to keep the design safe from the Chinese.

Return to “Tec Controllers in General”